Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Daily Thoughts 11/2/2011


Jean Baptiste-Camille Corot, Poetry


Daily Thoughts 11/2/2011

I finished reading Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength Willpower this morning.  I enjoyed reading it.  It gave me some ideas on how to manage my own weaknesses.  I like food a little too much.  Three ideas seemed very good; precommitting to what I would do in the future, placing a bet on how much weight I might lose, and putting off snacks.  Apparently, procrastinating on whether you want to drink, smoke, or do some other habit is a way to help quitting.

This morning I checked the Twitter and Facebook account.  I have been asked to post a little extra about our Book and Bake Sale on November 4 and November 5.  We are opening on Saturday for the event.
http://www.mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/node/298  We even have a countdown widget on the page which reads 1 day and 16 hours until the sale.

I also checked the donations.  We had the complete Seasons 1, 2, and 3 for the television show Lost which is being added. 

I put together a display of biography books on a variety of poets including Allen Ginsberg, Langston Hughes, Emily Dickinson, Alice Walker and others.  We are reading a biography of a poet for the Biography Book Club on November 15, 2011 from 3:00-4:00 p.m..  I like tying the collection with programming.

In the afternoon, I was in the computer lab for two hours helping people.  I helped people look for jobs and helped someone with basic word processing he was learning as part of the Beginning Computer Class on Tuesday from 6:00-7:00 p.m.  I have also been looking at the Popular Software Tutorial package that is currently on Learning Express and is available to all of our patrons.  http://www.learningexpressllc.com/datasheets/Popular_Software_Tutorials_Product_Sheet.pdf

On the way home, I read some of The Letters of Robert Frost to Louis Untermeyer.  The book was written in 1963.  I got it from our mezzanine area.  It is very old fashioned. 

No comments: