Friday, November 4, 2011

Daily Thoughts 11/4/2011

Jihon-Ton-Ya was the Japanese popular book publisher and seller in Tokyo from 17 to 19 century. Original painting was printed on Edo Meisho Zue (say "Picture Book of Edo") issued during 1834-1836.

Daily Thoughts 11/4/2011

This morning, I read some more of the Letters of Robert Frost to Louis Untermeyer.  The book has a number of Robert Frost's poems in it.  They seem less finished and more informal than his other poems.  It also describes rivalries with other poets which is kind of interesting.

This morning, I updated the Twitter and Facebook account and checked the displays.  I also printed a few flyers for events.

The Mount Vernon Public Library Book and Bake Sale is today, November 4, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m..  I stopped by and had a cup of coffee and a piece of lemon pie.  They are playing the piano in the community room.  Also, I watched someone buy a few of the plants they have on sale.  There is a nice selection on the tables.  Paperbacks are 50 cents and hardcovers are $1.00.  The sale also runs tomorrow, Saturday, November 5, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

The book Supergods What Masked Vigilantes, Miraculous Mutants, And A Sun God From Smallville Can Teach Us About Being Human by Grant Morrison has come in for me to read.  I have been waiting for a while to read this.

I spent some more time updating the links on the website.  I also spent some time looking at the Learning Express Popular Softwar Tutorials which are decent, but not perfect.

Web Bits

Library Journal's Own Digital Shift
http://blog.libraryjournal.com/ljinsider/2011/11/04/library-journals-own-digital-shift/
I am finding increasingly because I read about library news online, I am catching many articles and ideas before they reach the print versions of Publishers Weekly and Library Journal.

How Occupy DC Occupies Itself: The Library
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/11/04/how-occupy-dc-occupies-itself-the-library/

No comments: