Saturday, November 12, 2011

Daily Thoughts 11/12/2011

A U.S stamp with the picture of the poet Robert Frost.


Daily Thoughts 11/12/2011

I updated the library Twitter and Facebook account.  I also finished reading The Letters of Robert Frost to Louis Untermeyer this morning.  The letters were published after Robert Frost died.  Robert Frost wanted to wait until he was no longer around to express some of his opionions.  I think I'll probably read some of Robert Frost's poems.  I read this in preparation for the Biography Book Club on Tuesday, November 15, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.  Each member of the club is reading a different biography of a famous poet.

I also watched some more of the BBC Documentary Life narrated by Oprah Winfrey.  It is very beautiful nature imagery.  I found out about it because a patron was checking out the BBC Documentary Planet Earth.

I have been thinking about programming a bit. I also spent some time on Lynda.com today studying Microsoft Publisher 2010.

I read some more of   The Better Angels of Our Natures today.  The author is describing how violence has declined as people have moved from tribalism to centralized governments. He describes how people in primitive times were much more likely to die from violence.



No comments: