Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Daily Thoughts 11/9/2011

Unknown Dutch Master - Still-Life with Books (ca. 1628, Oil on wood, 61,3 x 97,4 cm)

Daily Thoughts 11/9/2011

On the way to work I read some more of Supergods by Grant Morrison.  Grant Morrison wrote briefly about Todd McFarlane and the comic book Spawn.  I am not fond of mixing superheros with horror.  It does not match my taste.  The Image comics which I liked were Invincible and The Savage Dragon. 

I updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and the boxes which need to be sent out to Better World Books.  I am writing a flyer for Learning Express as well.  In addition, I spent a little time studying Microsoft Publisher 2010 on Lynda.com

This afternoon, we had the Computer Lab open from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.  There were not as many people as usual.  I think that many people are out because of the holidays.  I have a stack of magazines to read, Publishers Weekly, The New York Times Book Review, and Booklist.

I put the book Boomerang: Travels In The New Third World by Michael Lewis on hold.

Web Bits

Build Your Own Digital Media Lab
http://www.thedigitalshift.com/2011/11/media/build-your-own-digital-media-lab/

F.C.C. Push to Expand Net Access Gains Help
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/business/media/fcc-and-cable-companies-push-to-close-digital-divide.html

No comments: