Saturday, November 5, 2011

Daily Thoughts 11/5/2011


Old Corner Bookstore First Brick Building in Boston 1909

Daily Thoughts 11/5/2011

Sometimes your posts go missing.  I am redoing this post.  In the morning, I updated the Twitter and Facebook page about the Book and Bake Sale which is today, November 5, 2011.  I very much enjoyed going to it yesterday.  It is an excellent way to support our library.


I spent some time studying Photoshop CS5 and Publishers 2010 this morning on Lynda.com as well.  This takes away from my time to write book reviews.  Right now, I think it is more important for me to rebuild my computer skills.  I have been talking to other libraries that give computer classes.  People are using libraries more and more to have computer access and access to broadband.  Our library offers internet access, WiFi, and access to computers for typing papers.


This afternoon I read some more of Supergods by Grant Morrison who is a very famous comic book writer.  Right now, he is writing about the origins of Superman who he compares to Apollo.  Grant Morrison has a very interesting bombastic style of writing which reminds me a little of the old radio plays like The Shadow or The Spider.

Web Bits

The Small But Powerful Guide To Winning Big Support For Your Rural Library
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/olos/toolkits/rural/index.cfm


All 50 State Librarians Vote to Form Alliance With Internet Archive’s Open Libraryhttp://www.thedigitalshift.com/2011/11/ebooks/all-50-state-librarians-vote-to-form-alliance-with-internet-archives-open-library/


Your Own Private Librarian

This is also happening in the public libraries on a different scale.  Yonkers Public Library and New Rochelle Public Library have set up a sign up sheet for librarians for up to one hours time one on one to help with basic computer tasks like filling out forms, applying for a job, or setting up an email account.

No comments: