Sunday, December 9, 2018

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2018

File:Sebastian Stoskopff 002.jpg
Sebastian Stoskopff, Still Life With Books, 1625

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent some time posting to Twitter about our fundraiser on Give Gab.
https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab

Last night, I read Corsair by James L. Cambias.  It is a great story.  In the near future, a young hacker is stealing shipments of helium-3 from the moon by making the rockets land in the wrong place.  There is plenty of action, suspense, and interesting characters. The conflict mixes in the FBI, foreign agents, gun play, computer hacking, daring escapes, and plenty of trickery.  The story is set in 2033 not that far from now.

I also read some more of Weaponized Lies.  I am reading about how people manipulate statistics and averages to get the results they want.

I checked the New York Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list. I also placed several Michelle Obama biographies on order.

I watched some more of the series Changing Body Composition Through Diet and Exercise on Kanopy.

I listened to some more of The Diet Trap Solution on Hoopla.  It is the background while I am picking up around the house and getting ready to do laundry later in the day.

Web Bits



Advancing Community Goals: The Evolving Role of the Public Library

Library of Congress Digitizes Vast Teddy Roosevelt Collection

Man Who Burned LGBTQ Books from Orange City Library Charged with Misdemeanor

Liquor Store, Library Partnership Paying Off

No comments: