Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Daily Thoughts 12/25/2018

New York Public Library LC-USZ62-101733.jpg
New York Public Library, New York City in 1914

Daily Thoughts 12/25/2018

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked on the Give Gab campaign for a new Teen Lab/Young Adult Area this morning.
https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab

I read some of Red Moon by Kim Stanley Robinson.  It is near future science fiction.

I also read some more of Capitalism In America A History.  I am reading about the development of transportation starting with the Pony Express, then the canal system, then the railroads.

I watched some of Ex Libris The New York Public Library produced by Frederick Wiseman on Kanopy.  It is a set of out takes with activities that happen in the New York Public Library.  It does not try to explain what people are doing.  It helps to understand and have a background in libraries before watching this movie.  I am finding it interesting.

Web Bits



Why You Should Surround Yourself With More Books Than You'll Ever Have Time To Read

The Library  Lifecycle

Library of Congress Needs Your Help Decoding Historical Papers


No comments: