Saturday, December 29, 2018

Daily Thoughts 12/29/2018

La zia Erminia by Adriano Cecioni.jpg
Aunt Erminia, Adriana Cecioni, between 1867 and 1870

Daily Thoughts 12/29/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also took a few minutes to look at the Give Gab campaign.
https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab

On the way to work, I read some more of Capitalism In America A History.  I am going to quote p.104 of this book, "America's genius lay in three things that are rather more subtle than invention: making inventions more user friendly; producing companies that can commercialize these innovations; and developing techniques for running these companies successfully."

I also read a little bit more of Red Moon.  I like the descriptions of technology in this story.  It describes a way we might colonize the moon.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent some time going over art books with a colleague.

I checked out the book, This is Marketing You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn to See by Seth Godin.

I spent some time checking fiction books in the mezzanine.

I checked the ADP time schedules.

I am preparing some book orders for Monday.  I also plan on ordering some AA batteries on Monday.

Web Bits


A Business Traveler’s Guide to Working at the Library

5 Ways Libraries Cultivate Community Art

Lakeview Library Nears Zero Energy Goal

Milford Group Forms to Find Answers to Homeless Population Near Library


No comments: