Thursday, February 14, 2019

Daily Thoughts 02/14/2019

Walter Frederick Osborne, The Dublin Streets; a vendor of Books (1889) - NGI cr.jpg
Walter Frederick Osborne's 1889 "The Dublin Streets; a vendor of Books" in the National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin.

Daily Thoughts 02/14/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I finished reading Draw Your Day An Inspiring Guide to Keeping a Sketch Journal by Samantha Dion Baker.  I liked this book.  The illustrations were excellent.  The last part covered things like collage, drawing people and animals, and weather.  This is an enjoyable book to read.  I found it in some ways like a slice of life graphic novel.  I think it will add to peoples daily journaling practice.

I also read some more of Personal Finance after 50.  A lot of this book contains practical every day advice for managing your rent or house payments, phone bills, utilities, and grocery shopping.  It also describes how maintaining your health is financially sound.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I did some work checking the 600s.

There is Evergreen Training today in the community room for the new catalog.  It is starting at 2:00 p.m.  I cannot go today.  I am covering the computer lab for the next three hours.

There is a Beginning Internet class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

Web Bits



Build Your Library's Influence In the Community With Power Mapping

Un-American Books In American Classrooms



No comments: