Thursday, February 28, 2019

Daily Thoughts 02/28/2019

File:Childe Hassam - Summer Sunlight (Isles of Shoals) - Google Art Project.jpg
Summer Sunlight (Isles of Sholes) , Childe Hassam, 1892

Daily Thoughts 02/28/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Astronaut Maker.  I am reading about the beginnings of the space shuttle with its early test flights.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  Tomorrow is Women's history month.  I got the material ready for tomorrow for Women's History Month.

I checked the fiction books in the mezzanine as well as some more 600s today.

I also checked the New York Times and Publishers Weekly Bestseller lists.

Hopefully, our new laptops for the staff should be ready today.

I checked out the book The Value of Everything Making and Taking in the Global Economy by Mariana Mazzucato.

I spent some more time working on the oversize books.

We discussed programming for the next 6 months.  We are thinking about doing an exercise program as well as some journaling classes.  Our summer reading program will start in June.

There is an Android and iPad tablets class in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..  The computer classes are very popular.


Web Bits


Librarians Weather 2019 Government Shutdown

Inside Marie Antoinette's Secret Library

A History of the American Public Library

No comments: