Friday, February 15, 2019

Daily Thoughts 02/15/2019

Thomas Jefferson Writing the Declaration of Independence, 1898 - Howard Pyle
Thomas Jefferson Writing the Declaration of Independence, 1898, Howard Pyle

Daily Thoughts 02/15/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Saving Community Journalism on the way to work.  I am reading about how the internet requires a change in strategy for small local newspapers to survive.

I also read some more of Personal Finance After 50.  I am reading about Social Security right now.

I am going to Evergreen Catalog training this morning for reports.  Evergreen is open source software.  It is a new system mainly used in the Pacific Northwest for library catalogs.  It is an open source software platform.  https://evergreen-ils.org/

I spent some time checking the fiction in the mezzanine.

I put in some orders for new books today.

I also did some scheduling for next month.

I checked out the book, The Astronaut Maker How One Mysterious Engineer Ran Human Space Flight for a Generation by Michael Cassutt.

I also put in requests to attend the Urban Librarians Unite conference on April 12, 2019 and Book Expo America on May 29 through May 31st, 2019.


Web Bits


Publisher, Author Groups Protest Library Book Scanning Program

Taxing District Has Fueled Library’s Growth

Some People go to Vegas to Gamble Others to Buy Really Rare Books

No comments: