Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/06/2017


Cornelis Bisschop - Old Woman Sleeping.jpg
Cornelis Bisschop, Old WOman Sleeping, 17th Century.

Daily Thoughts 09/06/2017


I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I enjoyed reading The Spark by David Drake. It is a nice mix of fantasy and science fiction.  The whole book held together very well.  I like how the line between magic and science was very thin in the story.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  September is Library Card Sign Up month.  There is also going to be a Comic-Con on September 23rd which is be put together by my colleague.  The theme for September is Library Card Sign Up Month is the Teen Titans.  I displayed some graphic novels today.

I also met with some colleagues to discuss the upcoming author fair on October 7, 2017.  We were working on designing a banner.  We just finished creating a save the date postcard for the event.  The postcards should be sent out soon.

I spent some time shifting the 900s.  I am hoping to move some books out of the oversize stacks soon.

We spent a little bit of time working on flyers today.

I am interested in reading Endurance: A Year In Space, A Lifetime of Discovery by Scott Kelly which is coming out in October.

I read a copy of the New York Times Book Review.  Right now, I am looking through the October 2017 Ingram Advance.  I am on the children's room reference desk.

There is a Windows 7-- Files and Folders class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

Web Bits




Does Artificial Intelligence Signal the End for Corporate Librarians? [Q&A]

Our Shared Responsibility Working for Advocacy

Arlington Public Libraries Celebrate First Ever Cosplay Month

Public Libraries Can (Literally) Serve As Shelter from the Storm


 

No comments: