Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/26/2017


Karoly Ferenczy, October, 1903

Daily Thoughts 09/26/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also put up a quote about censorship for the Rebel Reader Twitter Tournament.

On the way to work, I read some more of New Routes to Library Success.  I am reading about customer service.  The author describes how to do an experiential display.  For example if you are doing a display on knitting you would include yarn and knitted hats in the display of books and DVDs.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

We are meeting today to discuss the Mount Vernon Local Author Fair with Mount Vernon Arts and Culture which is a local arts organization at 4:30 p.m.  I am waiting for several applications to come in.

I read a copy of Library Journal and Booklist this morning.

The crochet group is meeting today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the fiction room.

I am meeting with Mount Vernon Arts and Culture this afternoon at 4:30 p.m.

I spent some time this afternoon going over the Arts Westchester grant for a short story workshop.

There are two computer classes tonight, A Fundamentals of Computers class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

Westchester Library System Central Library Study Committee.  Tonight 09/26/2017.



The Mount Vernon Public Library kept its central status.

  Web Bits

Diverse Bookfinder-- Children's Books
https://diversebookfinder.org/


No comments: