Friday, September 15, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/15/2017


Woman Reading A Novel, Vincent Van Gogh, 1888

Daily Thoughts 09/15/2017

I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library this morning.

On the way to work, I read some of  Ideas are Free.  I am reading about how small ideas from small employees add up to lots of improvements and encourage larger ideas to be revealed which make bigger impacts.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

We printed up some postcards announcing the Local Author Fair on October 7, 2017.  We have a second author who is coming.  We sent out some invitations to local organizations for authors.  I should have a few more authors to contact on Monday.

We have been printing out bookmarks and flyers for the Mount Vernon City Fest which is Saturday from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m..  The Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library will be there.  They are raffling off a gift basket with tea.  https://cmvny.com/2017/09/12/mount-vernon-cityfest-2017/

I did a list for graphic novels today for Bookletters.  I have started working on a brochure for graphic novels today.

Web Bits


Indie Publisher To Send Impeachment Guides to Congress

The Color Fetish—Toni Morrison

IMLS Public Libraries in the United States Survey


No comments: