Saturday, September 9, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/09/2017


Chess Game, Marcel Duchamp, 1910

Daily Thoughts 09/09/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of Successful Library Fundraising Best Practices Edited by M. Sandra Wood.   One of the main points which I got from the book was that we need to get a base of people who provide funds to a library and contact them on a continuous basis or create long term endowments to a library.  The most money comes from planned giving.

I looked up some of the local authors from Mount Vernon today.

I read some more of What It Means When a Man Falls From the Sky Stories.  I especially like the short story, War Story.

I spent some time looking at games today for our library.  I am planning to do an order of both traditional and new games.  We have received a variety of games as donations which are being used in our Adult Board Games night.



I requested the Free Library Starter Set from American Go

Program Model Circulating Board Game Collection.

Librarians Report Choosing the Right Games for Your Library



Web Bits



KC Librarian On Trial for Defending A Man's Free Speech Found Not Guilty

How and Why Oakland Public Library is Loaning Out Hotspots

SF Public Libraries To Help Immigrants to Apply for Citizenship

Assistive Technology for Computer Transcript-- Techsoup
                                                  
 

No comments: