Thursday, September 28, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/28/2017

File:Still-life with fruit bowl, flowers and books (2677417135).jpg
Still Life With Fruit Bowl, Flowers, and Book, William Shewell Ellis, 1910

Daily Thoughts 09/28/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also did a little work on the Author Fair this morning.

I started reading Library Analytics and Metrics, Using Data to Drive Decisions and Services Edited by Ben Showers.  This a book from the United Kingdom.  There is an excellent description of the different big data, huge data sets that require lots of computer processing power, and small data, data which can fit on a single computer in this book.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also spent some time with the Flamenco class today from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m..  The people who attended the class found it very enjoyable.  A representative from Arts Westchester came by to look over the class.

I did some work on a short story grant for Arts Westchester.



Web Bits


After 20 Years, House Hearing Focuses on Depository Libraries


No comments: