Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Daily Thoughts 07/17/2019



Wine bottle with lotuses and admonition,

The inscription running in two lines to either side of the dramatic lotus scroll reads:

“ Drink less wine
Gain more knowledge”



Daily Thoughts 07/17/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Climate Report.  I am reading about how as everything gets hotter, it also gets drier in forests and farmland creating drought and fire.

I also read some more of Life After Google.  I am reading about how Google's data centers are built near places with access to large amounts of hydroelectric power.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also spent some time gathering statistics.

I worked on  a report for weeding material.  I am going to be doing a weekly weeding report.

I spent some time checking the CD Audiobooks and the fiction books.

I am looking at the book, The Origins of Scientific Thought by Giorgio De Santillana.

Web Bits


Pearson Puts Print Books to Bed

The Secret Life of A Librarian

Can Sci-Fi Writers Prepare Us for An Uncertain Future

Bridging the Digital Divide With Circulating Tech

Foreign Crime Group' Cyber Attack Shuts Down Networks at Libraries, Syracuse Schools

No comments: