Friday, July 26, 2019

Daily Thoughts 07/26/2019

Ivan Yanzhul, Vladimir Makovsky, 1906

 07/26/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Life After Google. I am reading about the beginning of block chain technology.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent a little time checking on a webinar.

I looked at the Publishers Weekly and the New York Times Bestseller lists.

I talked to the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library about the climate change event.

People are interested in having an author event at the library.  We are looking at Indie Author Day which is on October 12, 2019. https://indieauthorday.com/

I spent a little time discussing the local history room.

Web Bits



Neil Gaiman on Why We Read and What Books Do for the Human Experience

After TOR Experiment, Macmillan Expands Embargo on Library E-books

Why Public Libraries Matter

Library E-book Lending Poses Rising Problem for the Publishing Industry

Escaped Iguana Heads for Local Library in Oklahoma

No comments: