Sunday, July 28, 2019

Daily Thoughts 07/28/2019

Die Bauern und die Zeitung, Gemälde von Albert Anker, 1867

Daily Thoughts 07/28/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also finished reading The Origins of Scientific Thought by Giorgio De Santillana.  It covers how scientific thinking was created.  There are stories about how the Greeks borrowed from the Egyptians and the Babylonians.  Also how certain philosophies like Stoicism and Epicureanism helped create a scientific mindset.  I got to read about Lucretius and Democritis who are the first atomists.  I found the book quite interesting.  The main focus is on the Greeks.

I placed a hold on the book, 1177 B.C.: The Year That Civilization Collapsed by Eric H. Cline.

I watched the webinar, Promoting Library Card Sign Up Month (from inside and outside the library).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJnu8bzFsYc&feature=youtu.be


I also bought a set of dominos for the Intergenerational Board Games Night on Monday.

Web Bits


Social Readers

Libraries and Parks and Recreation Come Together to Tackle Food Insecurity and the Summer Slide, One Community At a Time

Libraries In the Ancient World

This Hidden Gem Library at the UA has 40,000 Global Children's Books

Flat Earth, Bigotry, and Bias: Should The Library Be Neutral



No comments: