Monday, December 29, 2008

Good Morning, Good Afternoon

George Orwell


Good Morning

I have just started reading The January Dancer a science fiction novel by Michael Flynn.

I found another social networking site for books. This one looks fairly interesting. I am hoping that it does not fold like the other sites which I joined earlier. It is in alpha right now, so it should improve considerably. Lit Minds http://home.litminds.org/index.html It is also a .org which makes a slight difference in how its funded.

Good Afternoon

I am getting the hang of using the Baker and Taylor order system. It is speeding up my ordering process for new books. I am readying next years orders.

I also had a chance to go through letters sent to us from various performers for library programs. They all want you to spend $200-400 for an hour or an hour and half program. Mostly it is musicians, mainly jazz and ragtime music. There are several Brazilian jazz musicians offering to do programs. There is also a lady who wants to teach tarot and a watercolor artist. Sistah Souljah wants $5000 to do a short program at our library.



4 comments:

Melissa Blake said...

Hi -- thanks for the note about my blog on Fuel My Blog! I just looked around your blog too -- awesome!!! :)

Book Calendar said...

Thanks for the compliment.

Jack Payne said...

Great blog. Full of innovative approachs to, as you say, everything having to do with books. Hope you will get the time one day to review my one and only novel, Six Hours Past Thursday (out of a total of 56 books). It's in approximately 500public libraries and 400 school libraries.

ibpurpledragon said...

You may like "Fallen Angels" by Michael Flynn as well. It is downloadable at Baen. Keep up the good work. I am looking at other publishers for "I Like to Whine", I agreed with your comment that the Blurb price was just too high.
Bill