Monday, December 1, 2008

Good Morning, Good Afternoon

Mary Cassatt: Reading "Le Figaro"

Good Morning

I read some more of Prince of Stories on the train to work this morning. The first section is about the ten volume graphic work Sandman. It goes into lots of detail about the graphic novel series. I also looked through the photographs and saw a very intriguing childrens book, The Dangerous Alphabet by Gris Grimly and Neil Gaiman.

When I got to work, there was and still is quite a bit to do. I have started on filing the law looseleafs and done a little more straightening of my files. The career counselor, who comes once a week, gave me a list of suggested titles to order which I did. Mainly books on resumes, job searching, and interviewing.

I also spent about half of my lunch reading magazines to catch up, Publishers Weekly and Kirkus Reviews. There is one book which had a starred review, Greasy Rider which I think I will order for the library.

Good Afternoon

This afternoon has been quite busy as well. I did a bit of weeding and compiled a list of patron requests. I also called several social service organizations to get them to come to the library for an open forum.

I still haven't had a chance to read a couple of copies of the New York Times Book Reviews.

Good Evening

The Metaxu literary cafe blog network has closed. I am sad to see it go. It was a very nice collection of book blogs. I wish they had stayed open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this pix, it brings back time. I'm not that old, but I enjoy looking at vintage stuff and older pix. I have a lot of old books that I use for deco at my home.
nice blog site