Sunday, December 28, 2008

Good Morning


James Carroll Beckwith Portrait of Mark Twain -- 1890. "The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one."-- Mark Twain.

Good Morning.

I tried to read Dead to Me by Anton Strout, but the opening seemed very flat. I think it would have appealed to a much younger person than myself who was still caught in the world of the street and having a good time. It seemed like something which passed me by a long time ago. I lost interest in the story very quickly. The idea of a person with psychometry skills is interesting, but the execution and place seemed off.

I put in my membership dues for Westchester Library Association. This should make it easier for me to go to their conference in May. Earlier, I had put in my dues for the American Library Association, I am a member of the Intellectural Freedom Roundtable and the RUSA (Reference and User Services Association) as well. I also put in my membership for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund which provides legal defense for the comics industry in the United States.

This is a short statement by Neil Gaiman on why he supports the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.


No comments: