Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Daily Thoughts 09/11/2018

Seated Man Reading a Newspaper
Seated Man Reading a Newspaper, Pablo Picasso, 1912

Daily Thoughts 09/11/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Autonomy this morning.  I am reading about what happens when there is no longer a driver in commercial vehicles.  One of the things that happens is that there is not a need for a vehicle to stop for sleep, this extends the range of long haul trucks.  It also is cheaper because the steering mechanisms and cabs for people are removed.

I read some more of The Complete Beck Diet for Life as well.  I am writing response cards to different situations like weekend eating, eating at restaurants, and people offering you food.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I took a look at my online class, Politics and Partnerships.

I met with the representative from Brodart and discussed the ordering system called Bibz for books.  I learned a number of different things which will improve ordering for our library.  After I was done, I put in four orders for new books.

We met to discuss the Arts Alive grant today for Community workshops.  We are working on a grant focusing on journaling and art.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class in the computer lab tonight.

Web Bits


A Golden Age of Publishing Technology

Libraries, Structured Randomness and the Creative Process

Cincinnati Public Library Resumes Actively Collecting Vinyl Records

Evolution in the Library Ebook Market

No comments: