Saturday, September 29, 2018

Daily Thoughts 09/29/2018

File:A philosopher reading. Oil painting by a follower of David T Wellcome V0017298.jpg
A Philosopher Reading, David Teniers the Younger, 1610-1690

Daily Thoughts 09/29/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also looked up a little bit of information on library foundations.

Last night, I read some more of The War On Normal People.  I am reading about why we should have a Universal Basic Income.  I also read about some of the emerging problems that are tearing apart our economy.  The argument that men are often spending more time playing video games than working is presented as well as the increasing problems with opioid addiction.

I also started reading Palaces for the People.  This book is about social infrastructure, or public funded community spaces like parks, recreation centers, community centers, libraries, and senior centers.

Web Bits


Libraries Business Center Leads to Success With Community, Government, and Business

UC Berkeley Library Takes Key Steps to Expand Digital Access to Its Collections

First New Library In Almost 40 Years Coming to DUMBO


No comments: