Sunday, September 23, 2018

Daily Thoughts 09/23/2018

A Corner of My Studio, 1895 - William Merritt Chase
A Corner of My Studio, William Merritt Chase, 1895

Daily Thoughts 09/23/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some more of Drastic Measures.  I am reading about the search for Adrian Kodos who kills 4000 colonists on Tarsus IV to prevent mass starvation.  The food supply is being attacked by an alien fungus.  Captain Kirk is in this story as a teenager.  It is a mix of suspense, disaster story, and science fiction.

I also read some more of Calming Your Angry Mind.  I am reading about negativity bias and why thinking negative thoughts is often a survival trait.

I watched two episodes of Practicing Mindfulness: An Introduction to Medition Course from the Great Courses on Kanopy.  Each one was a few minutres more than half an hour.

I checked the purchase alerts for the library this evening.

Web Bits


Check It Out: Unleash Power of Library Card

Omaha Public Library Recommends Censored Reads for Banned Book Week

No comments: