Friday, September 14, 2018

Daily Thoughts 09/14/2018


Champagne Printer Publisher, Alphonse Mucha, 1897

Daily Thoughts 09/14/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Journal Fodder 365 Daily Doses of Inspiration for the Art Addict by Eric M. Scott and David R. Modler.  There are lots of art journal projects in this book.  I like the collage, lettering, and drawing projects.  I also like the ideas for gluing in photographs, envelopes, and other objects. There are twelve chapters in this book.  Each chapter has several projects. Every page has photographs and illustrations with lots of color.  There are also lots of tips on how to use different art supplies.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I looked through the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I have a copy of the Ingram Advance to read.

Some people are shifting in the oversize section.

I checked out the book, Journal Sparks Fire Up Your Creativity With Spontaneous Art, Wild Writing, and Inventive Thinking by Emily K. Neuburger.

We have been working with Dear Reader to make the lists a little better for the website.

Web Bits


NEA Study Finds Small Dip In Adult Reading

At the NYPL, A Permanent Exhibit Will Showcase the Library's Millions of Treasures

A Visit to the Forgotten Apartment In Manhattan's Fort Washington Library

No comments: