Friday, September 21, 2018

Daily Thoughts 09/21/2018

In the Library, Edwin Austin Abbey (American, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1852รข€“1911 London), Pen and ink on cardboard
Edwin Austin Abbey, In the Library, 1888

Daily Thoughts 09/21/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Aware.  There are parts of this book which I find a little bit odd.  The model of a wheel of awareness reminds me of a television dial or volume control in the way consciousness switches between different states.  I am not convinced by this model.  I like the way Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. breaks down meditation into three areas, focused attention, open awareness, and kindness meditation.

I relaxed on the way to work.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  There are several displays up around the building for the Saturday, September 2, 2018 Comic Expo from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.  Cathy Webb, our community outreach person planned the Comic Expo.  It should be a fun event.  I will be there working at the reference desk which should be interesting. https://www.facebook.com/mvplcomicexpo/

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I did some checking for duplicate books and books which needed updating in the travel and computer sections.

We finished shifting in the oversize section today.

I was all over the building today.  I was in the computer lab, at the public computers and at my desk.

I have to work on some flyers and events.

I also have some scheduling to work on.

I set up the sign up sheets for the computer classes.

On the way home, I started reading Star Trek Discovery Drastic Measures. It is about a disaster on a Federation colony planet  where the food supply is destroyed by an alien fungus.  It is nice to read a bit of escapism.

Web Bits


Treasures of the Library-- According to Those In the Know

Drag Storytime Brings Fierceness and Fierce Opposition

Rare Kennedy Photos Go Online Thanks to JFK Library

No comments: