Thursday, September 20, 2018

Daily Thoughts 09/20/2018

William Brymner - The Picture Book.jpg
William Brymner, The Picture Book, 1898

Daily Thoughts 09/20/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night on the way home, I finished reading The Journal Junkies Workshop Visual Ammunition for the Art Addict by Eric M. Scott and David R. Modler.  The last part had quite a bit about storytelling and writing.  It describes how to integrate the written word into art.  I found this to be an excellent overview of the art journaling process, something I am just learning about.

I also read some more of Awake.  I am reading about how the mind exists in relation to others.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also did some shifting this morning.

I put in some orders for new books.

I checked out two Star Trek Discovery books, Drastic Measures by Dayton Ward and Desperate Hours by David Mack.

The codrones and the Rokit Smart are in the cage.

We are having the staff drawing this afternoon for Adult Summer Reading.  It should be good.  We had a sheet cake, some grapes, and apple juice,  and we gave away some prizes for the end of Adult Summer reading including some tote bags, chocolate, a kindle, a puzzle, and some cups.

I put in my initial application for the Arts Alive Community grant from Arts Westchester.

I worked a little bit on scheduling for next month.

Web Bits


NARA Responds to Controversial ICE Records Destruction Request

Prague's Most Extraordinary Library Like No Other You've Visited

No comments: