Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Daily Thoughts 07/13/2016

Uncle Piacsek in front of the Black Sideboard - Jozsef Rippl-Ronai
Uncle Piacsek in front of the Black Sideboard, 1906, Jozsef Rippl-Roni

Daily Thoughts 07/13/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I finished reading Mastermind How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes by Maria Konnikova.   I enjoyed reading it.  It makes me want to reread The Hound of the Baskervilles.  We are showing the film version with Jeremy Brett on July 27, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.  Mastermind is going to be done as a book club on Monday, July 25 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. as part of Adult Summer Reading

I checked the gift books and the displays today.

I am preparing to do some weeding this summer.  I am starting by generating some reports from Report Station.

I checked out The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle today.  Also, the book, Infomocracy by Malka Older came in for me to read.

I looked through two copies of Publishers Weekly.  I am looking at the June 15, 2016 Library Journal.

I have read five books so far as part of the Adult Summer Reading Program.

Today at 2:30 p.m. I am going to be meeting briefly with an African Drum instructor.  It was an interesting meeting.  His programs are intergenerational and he has taught at many of the local libraries.

There is an Intermediate HTML and CSS class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.   We are working on getting more of the laptops working for next week so we can have computer classes in the community room.  The 3D Printer class worked well last week.

Infomocracy has an interesting premise.  It is a post nationstate world where a giant company called the Information helps run thousands of mini-democracies.

Web Bits


Why Handwriting Is Still Essential in the Keyboard Age

Nomination of Carla Hayden to Library of Congress is Stuck in Senate

Brooklyn Heights Library Library Lawsuit Dismissed Clearing Way for Redevelopment

ALA Conference Panel Explores Resources for Digital Inclusion

No comments: