Friday, July 29, 2016

Daily Thoughts 07/29/2016

Paperweight - Louis Comfort Tiffany
Paperweight, Louis Comfort Tiffany, 1902

Daily Thoughts 07/29/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I placed an interlibrary loan on The Purpose Driven Library Finding Your Path to Survival, Success, and Growth by John J. Huber and Steven V. Potter.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Planet Remade.  I am reading about how it is possible to use large airplanes to seed the upper the atmosphere to make the world a little cooler.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.  I also printed up some flyers.

I am working on some programs for September.  We are gettting the dvd for To Begin The World Over Again: The Life of Thomas Paine which is a program from the American Library Association focusing on intellectual freedom.  We are also arranging for a coupon clipping program.

I spent some time learning Google Calendar.  I am finding it extremely easy to use.

I also checked out the book, Dark Matter by Blake Crouch which is science fiction.

I put in an order for new books today and looked at the latest New York Times Bestseller which comes in on my email on Fridays.

I like that Oliver Morton in his book  The Planet Remade cites the book, The Invasion of the Sea by Jules Verne as an early imagined example of geoengineering.

Web Bits


The Best Cities in the World for Book Lovers


No comments: