Thursday, July 14, 2016

Daily Thoughts 07/14/2016

Charles Whitman - Helen Adams Keller - Google Art Project.jpg
Charles Whitman, Helen Addams Keller, 1893


Daily Thoughts 07/14/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Infomocracy on the way to work.  The main characters are members of different political parties in the mini-democracy system. There are a few parties who have supermajority and have more worldwide influence.  It is an interesting take on the future of politics.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.


I also worked a little bit on weeding.

Today, I watched an introductory webinar on the Bibliotecha Cloud Ebook System.  I also watched a webinar on the content acquisition tool as well.

We now have a scanner in the computer lab.

I spent some time updating the Bookletters page today as well.

On the way home, I read some more of The Hound of the Baskervilles, I rather like the old fashioned sensibility of Arthur Conan Doyle.

 I also read a little bit more of Infomocracy.  I rather like that the characters sneak around and are deceptive more than they are violent.  I also like the idea of the story partially centering on an earthquake.




Web Bits


The Enduring Appeal of Libraries Around the World

Library of Congress to Recognize Stephen King for His Lifelong Work


No comments: