Monday, July 25, 2016

Daily Thoughts 07/25/2016

The reading - Edouard Manet
The Reading, Edouard Manet, 1869

Daily Thoughts 07/25/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Today we are discussing Mastermind How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes by Maria Konnikova from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

I checked out the book, The Planet Remade How Geoengineering Could Change the World by Oliver Morton.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.

I ordered some books on parenting.

I also did a little bit of weeding.

We had the meeting for the book club today at 3:00 p.m.

There is a computer class for 3D Printing today from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

On the way home, I finished reading The Perfect Bet How Science and Math Are Taking the Luck Out of Gambling by Adam Kucharski.  Adam Kucharski asks the question are horseracing, poker, and lotteries purely games of chance?  He describes how increasing computerization changes betting.  We get to read about checkers programs, poker bots, and backgammon programs.  This is an excellent book for people who are interested in math, statistics, probability, betting, and odds.

Web Bits


Reading In Restraint: The Last Chained Libraries

Famous Libraries on Minimalist Posters by Andre Chiote (Pictures)


No comments: