Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Daily Thoughts 07/19/2016

The Ornans Paper Mill - Gustave Courbet
The Ornans Paper Mill, Gustave Courbet, 1865

Daily Thoughts 07/19/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I am enjoying reading Draplin Design Co. Pretty Much Everything.  Aaron Draplin's life story is interesting.  There is a lot about snowboarding, rock music, and living life as an ordinary person-- working as a dishwasher and cook in Alaska, and going to school.  His design seems to reflect the every day objects he uses in his life.  This makes the book relevant and easy to identify with.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I read the August Baker and Taylor Forecast.  I placed a hold on Jerusalem by Alan Moore.

I ordered some prepublication books today.

I also spent some time in the computer lab.

On the way home, I finished reading Draplin Design Co. Pretty Much Everything by Aaron James Draplin.  I like his aesthetics.  They very much remind of older industrial America and they have a sense that reminds me a little bit of garage sales and flea markets and conventions.


Web Bits


Dear RNC and DNC: Libraries Are Essential to Achieving National Priorities

Library of Congress Wracked by DNS  Attack

No comments: