Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Daily Thoughts 02/14/2018


New York Sunday Journal, Ernest Haskell, 1896

Daily Thoughts 02/14/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Why Comics?  Hillary Chute covers the best comics in different categories like Little Lulu for women's comics, Palestine by Joe Sacco for war comics, and Fun Home by Alison Bechdel for queer comics.  The writing is very clear.  This would be an excellent introduction for someone new to the graphic novel field who wanted to read comics as literature.  The book does not cover genre comics like mystery, romance, horror, and science fiction.

I also read a little bit more of Real Love.  There are meditative exercises on love at the end of each chapter.  This is the main reason I am reading the book.

I checked the gift books and the displays in the morning.

We finished shifting in the 800s and have started shifting in the 900s.  Also, I spent some time working with the oversize books.

I spent a little time working on ordering as well.

I am looking at the Mount Vernon Public Library Strategic Plan 2017-2020.

Web Bits


In Praise of the Small Town Library

No comments: