Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Daily Thoughts 10/17/2018


Van Gogh - Stillleben mit Gipstorso, einer Rose und zwei Romanen.jpeg
Still Life With Plaster Torso A Rose and Two Novels, Vincent Van Gogh, 1887

Daily Thoughts 10/17/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some more of 12 Rules for Life An Antidote to Chaos.  I read about how we hide things avoiding talking about personal issues until they overwhelm and destroy us.

I also read some more of The Labyrinth of the Spirits.  Some of the characters have terrible wounds which adds a macabre element to the story.  The main character, Alicia has a wound in her side.  One of the characters loses a hand and another wears a prosthetic mask.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also checked on the status of some orders.  I have been checking on the on order titles and asking the vendors to fill past orders.

I have my final course in for the American Library Association Certified Public Library Administrator.  I had to retake one of the courses.  I put all my paperwork in order and sent in my final essay.  Hopefully, they will like it.  It took several hours to write and finish the process.

I spent some time working on my monthly scheduling.

I also spent some time working on signage.

Web Bits

Wikipedia Rejected an Entry on a Nobel Prize Winner Because She Wasn't Famous Enough
https://qz.com/1410909/wikipedia-had-rejected-nobel-prize-winner-donna-strickland-because-she-wasnt-famous-enough/?platform=hootsuite&fbclid=IwAR1md7S2v31ac0qcOBciMgrl6PykvptZb6Qxjeo4CCzroZKRG5wJ8SpLRxM


No comments: