Monday, October 22, 2018

Daily Thoughts 10/22/2018

File:Fantastic Novels cover March 1949.jpg
Cover of the March 1949 Issue of Fantastic Novels.  This cover is painted by Virgil Finlay one of the best artists of science fiction and fantasy.

Daily Thoughts 10/22/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also read some more of Prediction Machines on the way to work.  The authors are describing how data is what makes prediction possible.  They mention big data as a driver for artificial intelligence.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I placed some orders for new books.

I also checked some items that were not in the computer system to see if they should be added or discarded today.

I spent some time working on scheduling for next month.

I read a copy of Library Journal and the New York Times Book Review.

I spent some time at the public computers.

We had a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight.

I placed a hold on the book, Stay Fit for Life: More Than 60 Exercises to Restore Your Strength and Future Proof Your Body by Joshua Kozak.

I am ordering the book, The Art of Reading, An Illustrated History of Books In Paint, by Jamie Camplin and Maria Ranauro.  I think it will be useful.

Web Bits


Where to Start With Ursula K. Le Guin

Library of Congress Digitizes its Huge Trove of Teddy Roosevelt Papers

Library of Congress to Launch Crowdsourcing Program


No comments: