Thursday, October 25, 2018

Daily Thoughts 10/25/2018

File:Hassam, Reading in the garden.jpg
Childe Hassam, Reading In the Garden, Between 1888 and 1889.

Daily Thoughts 10/25/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Prediction Machines.  I read about how factories and work areas with few people are likely to be automated first because there are less risks.  For example, an iron mine is much more likely to be fully automated first than a garment factory.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also did a little work with Give Gab which is a platform for fundraising.  We get an account through the Westchester Library System.

I spent some time preparing for our downloads class in the morning.  We discussed the different services we have like Freegal, Hoopla, Kanopy, Overdrive, and Freading.

I spent a little time looking at the books in the mending section. I also sorted some books from Rainbow Books.

Web Bits



Library of Congress to Provide Hundreds of Free Historic Films Online through National Screening Room

Every U.S. Public Library and YMCA Will Soon Get NARCAN for Free

You Can Request Hand-Crafted Reading-List Recommendations from Brooklyn Public Library Online

No comments: