Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Daily Thoughts 10/24/2018

 File:Music and Literature William Michael Harnett.jpeg
William Harnett, Music and Literature, 1878


Daily Thoughts 10/24/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Prediction Machines last night.  I am reading about human judgement.  People can make decisions where there is very little data.  They can react to unique situations where there is uncertainty.  Machines are not good at this.  This leaves a place for humans and machines to work together.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I am thinking about Giving Tuesday which is on November 27, 2018.

I spent some time working on weeding and books that are not in the system.

I also worked a little bit on signage.

There was a genealogy program in the computer lab at 6:00 p.m.

We showed the film, Forbidden Undocumented And Queer In Rural America in the Grace Greene Baker Room from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.  This was streamed through Kanopy which gives its subscribers public performance rights.

Web Bits

Librarians React to New Penguin Random House Ebook Terms

No comments: