Thursday, October 18, 2018

Daily Thoughts 10/18/2018

Courtesan Writing a Letter
Courtesan Writing A Letter, Kaigetsudo Doshin, Circa 1715

Daily Thoughts 10/18/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading 12 Rules for Life An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson.  Jordan B. Peterson draws on the bible and old stories to discuss rules to live by.  He also describes many incidents from his own life and his the lives of his patients to create rules for living.  I found the book to be well written and well intentioned in its outlook.  It has lots of stories that are meant to be instructive on how to make a persons life better.

I also read some more of  The Labyrinth of the Spirits by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.  I am enjoying reading the story.  As I read it, the story becomes darker and stranger.  It seems to draw from the classics like The Phantom of the Opera and has just a bare touch of Dracula in it.  There are also references to fascism in Spain and the secret police.

This morning I went to active shooter training at my library.  The local police department was describing what to do in case there was an active shooter in the library.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also put some new shelf signage for the adult area.

I worked on scheduling for my department and worked on monthly scheduling.

Web Bits


NYC Libraries Take the Lead for Digital Privacy Week

Library District Addresses Growth  With Creative Solutions

No comments: