Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Daily Thoughts 10/30/2018

File:Parliament-Edward Collier.jpg
Parliament, Edward Collier, circa 1695

Daily Thoughts 10/30/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read a few magazines online from the RB (Recorded Books) Digital Value Collection; an article about Jeff Bezos and his Blue Origin rocket company in the October 2018 issue of Wired, and an article on Elon Musk in the October 2018 issue of Popular Mechanics.  It was entertaining reading these magazines.

I read the New York Times newspaper on the way to work.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent some time working on orders for new books.

I read the latest New York Times Book Review and the latest Times Literary Supplement.

I spent some time going over books in the mezzanine and how they should be handled with colleagues today.

I also looked at some items that needed mending and some books that were not in the system.

There was a Fundamentals of Computers class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I checked out the book, Who We Are and How Got Here Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past by David Reich.

Web Bits



Bram Stoker's Reference Material for Dracula Discovered at London Library

Libraries, Writ Small

No comments: