Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Daily Thoughts 01/02/2019


Young Ladies Reading a Manuscript, Conrad Kiesel (1846-1921)

Daily Thoughts 01/02/2019

I rested on the train to work.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent some time in the computer lab today.

I also spent some time at the public computers.

I checked some of the fiction books in the mezzanine.

I have to write some evaluations for employees as well as my monthly report.

I read some more of Capitalism In America A History.  I am reading a critique of Franklin Roosevelt's solutions to the great depression.  It comes across as a very conservative interpretation of economics.  This book has some very conservative and pro-business interpretations of history.

I also read some more of Red Moon.  In this science fiction novel, China has taken the lead in colonizing the moon.  A lot of it is about being able to do huge infrastructure projects effectively.

Web Bits

One Easy New Year's Resolution to Help Save Democracy in 2019: Go to the Library.
https://www.salon.com/2019/01/01/one-easy-new-years-resolution-to-help-save-democracy-in-2019-go-to-the-library/

No comments: