Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Daily Thoughts 01/15/2019

Emanuel Phillips Fox - Nasturtiums, 1912.jpg
Emanuel Phillips Fox, Nasturtiums, 1912

Daily Thoughts 01/15/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of This Is Marketing.  I am reading about how people create a consistent internal narrative.

I finished reading The Secret Lives of Color by Kassia St. Clair.  This is an art book focused on all the different colors.  There is a lot about paint pigments and sumptuary laws.  Sumptuary laws are laws about what kind of colors people could wear based on their social class.  Some of the entries were quite entertaining, I especially liked the section on Absinthe green and Woad blue.  The book is arranged first by color, then by individual shades of color.  There are notes and an index.

I started reading Mind Hacking How To Change Your Mind for Good in 21 Days by Sir John Hargrave.  The entire contents of the book are copyleft and available online for free.  https://www.mindhacki.ng/content/

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

The computer technicians are replacing our public computers on the main floor of the library right now.  The computer lab is open right now.

I handed out some more bookmarks for the Givegab campaign.
https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab

I spent some time checking the fiction books in the mezzanine.  I also started checking the 500s.  I checked for duplicate romance paperbacks as well.

I worked on some orders for new books.

I read a copy of Booklist.  I also read the latest of Library Journal.

The Crochet Group met today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and I stopped by and handed out bookmarks for the Givegab campaign.

There is a Bank Magic program from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the community room tonight for adults.  K. Samuel Murray who is an account wrote two books.  Bank Magic and Top 12 Tax Deductions You Might Have Missed: Tax Tips for People Who Do Their Own Federal Taxes.

We also have our computer class tonight for Fundamentals of Computers and Beginning Microsoft Word 2013.  Ardith Jobson is the instructor.

Web Bits


A New Vision for Houghton Library

San Francisco City Officials Consider Eliminating Fines for Late Library Books

 

No comments: