Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Daily Thoughts 01/09/2019

The grammar of ornament, Owen Jones (British, London 1809รข€“1874 London)
The Grammar of Ornament, Owen Jones, 1856

Daily Thoughts 01/09/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Secret Lives of Color on the way to color.  I read a little bit about The Yellow Book which featured Aubrey Beardsley's drawings.

I read a little bit of Seth Godin's new book This Is Marketing on the way to work.  He argues that people make emotional decisions based on the stories they hear.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent some time checking for duplicates.  I also checked some of the fiction books in the mezzanine.

We got a donation for the Givegab campaign today.
https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab

I checked out the book, Soft Power, The Means to Succeed in World Politics by Joseph S. Nye, Jr.

There is an Advanced Excel Course from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

I changed the displays.  This month is Financial Wellness month.

Web Bits



The History of Brooklyn Libraries, Carnegie, and Cardboard Models

No comments: