Friday, January 18, 2019

Daily Thoughts 01/18/2019


Pierre-Auguste Renoir - La Lecture du rĂ´le.jpg
Pierre-Auguste Renoir - La Lecture du role, 1874 to 1876

Daily Thoughts 01/18/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading This Is Marketing by Seth Godin last night.  It is a solid read.  It covers the basics of marketing.  I did not find it to have a lot of new things in it.  I thought that it would be good for someone new to the subject.

I also read some more of Mind Hacking.  I am reading about why it works to affirm what you want to do every day to put your goals thoroughly in your mind.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I checked some oversize books and some fiction in the mezzanine.
I spent some more time contacting people for Givegab.
https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab

We have our Rokit Smart class in the computer lab today at 4:00 p.m.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I spent some time working on scheduling for next month.

The book, Comic Book Collections and Programming A Practical Guide for Librarians by Matthew Z. Wood came in for me to read.  I also checked out Quantum Theory A Graphic Guide by J.P. McEvoy and Oscar Zarate as well as Mind to Matter The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality by Dawson Church.

Web Bits

Coolest Library Cards From Around the World

A Look Inside the West Loop’s Newly Opened Bow-truss Library

The Library of Forbidden Books

Rare Autobiography of Muslim Goes Online via Library of Congress



No comments: