Saturday, January 5, 2019

Daily Thoughts 01/05/2019

Poul Friis Nybo Reading Woman 1.jpg
Pou Friis Nybo (1869-1929), Reading Woman

Daily Thoughts 01/05/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I placed a hold on Soft Power: The Means to Success In World Politics by Joseph S. Nye, Jr.

Last night, I read some more of Capitalism In America: A History.  I also started reading  The Secret Lives of Color by Kassia St. Clair.  I am reading about pigments for painting.  I also learned about how paint tubes made Impressionism possible.

I listened to some more of The Little Book of Hygge on Overdrive.  I am reading about why bicycles make people happy.

I spent a little more time working on the Givegab campaign for the library.
https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab


Web Bits


It's International Creativity Month and You Haven't Met Lynda?

World Reading Habits in 2018

Heywood Hill, The Legendary London Bookshop Outfitting the World's Best Private Libraries

How Ancient Religious Texts Went Digital

How To Read Overdrive  Library Books on an E-reader

No comments: