Saturday, January 4, 2020

Daily Thoughts 01/04/2020

File:Charles Emmanuel Biset - Still life with Books, a Letter and a Tulip.jpg
Chales Emmanuel Biset, Still Life With Books, a Letter, and a Tulip, Between 1648 and 1693

Daily Thoughts 01/04/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Green New Deal.  I am reading about pension funds and social investing.  I am also learning how some forms of energy are becoming lost assets like coal.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also checked some books in the mezzanine.

I did a small amount of shifting in the main floor library.

There is an free acrylic painting workshop today from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the community room.

I did some more shifting of books in the afternoon.

I discussed the monthly report and scheduling with some colleagues.

I started reading You Suck at Cooking The Aburdly Practical Guide to Sucking Slightly Less at Making Food.  It is based on a Youtube channel.

I was looking at The Witcher by Andrej Sapkowski on Hoopla as a comic.  The book version has made it to the New York Times Bestseller list.  This is because the series is now on Netflix.  It went from book to video games to comics and now a Netflix series.  It is also on the Locus Magazine bestseller list.

Web Bits


The Complicated Role of the Modern Public Library

Thank Your Members of Congress for Supporting Libraries Across America

Public Domain Day 2020




No comments: