Friday, January 10, 2020

Daily Thoughts 01/10/2020

File:A philosopher reading. Oil painting by a follower of David T Wellcome V0017298.jpg
A Philosopher Reading, David Teniers the Younger, 1610-1690

Daily Thoughts 01/10/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Wisdom of Frugality.  I am reading about how frugality can sometimes make people happy by avoiding bad decisions and moral corruption.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I took down the Holiday display.

I checked some of the biography books in the mezzanine.  I will be shifting some of the books in biography to the mezzanine soon.

I picked out some biography books to send to the mezzanine.

We are discussing programming for the next couple months.  We are thinking of how to get a basic meditation teacher to the library.

Web Bits


Promoting Digital

U.S. Senate Confirms ALA Member Crosby Kemper III As New IMLS Director

Why The U.S. Sent Librarians Undercover to Gather Intelligence During World War II

Library Card Registration Day Was Started by Rapper NoName

Neil Gaiman Leads Hampshire Writers Protesting Library Cuts (United Kingdom)

No comments: