Thursday, January 30, 2020

Daily Thoughts 01/30/2020

File:Sebastian Stoskopff ( 1597-1657 ), Still-life with books and bronze statue, Louvre.jpg
Sebastian Staskopf, Still Life With Books and Bronze Statue, Louvre (by 1657)

Daily Thoughts 01/30/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Dead Astronauts.  It took me several chapters to get a solid idea of what is happening in the story.  There are a lot of very abstract descriptions of events.  The story includes a lot of back story for the three main characters and their adversaries.

I also read some more of The Periodic Table A Visual Guide to the Elements.  I have read up to Element 26, FE or iron.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time checking biography books in the mezzanine.

I also made some notes for books to be changed to mezzanine.

I looked through the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review and the Times Literary Supplement.

I put out the latest copy of Bookpage.

I placed a hold on the book, A World Without Work, Technology, Automation, and How We Should Respond by Daniel Susskind.

Web Bits


Kobe's Bookshelf

12 Ways Libraries Are Good for the Country

Native American Groups Take Issue With Library of Congress Posting Tribal Stories




No comments: