Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Daily Thoughts 01/07/2020

File:Seated scribe Louvre.JPG
Seated Scribe, Between 2500 and 2350 b.c.

Daily Thoughts 01/07/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading The Green New Deal Why Fossil Fuel Civilization Will Collapse by 2028, and the Bold Economic Plan To Save Life On Earth by Jeremy Rifkin.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I did some shifting on the main floor of the library.

The census is doing a job recruitment table in the rotunda lobby from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m..  There has been a steady of influx of people.

The crochet group is meeting today from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

I looked through a copy of Library Journal and a copy of Booklist and worked on some orders of books.

The state library came to visit and talked to the person in the local history room.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I signed up for Library Journal Day of Dialog on May 27, 2020.  I also signed up for Urban Librarians Unite on May 1, 2020.

I updated my membership to the American Library Association last night as well.

Web Bits


Kids & Family Reading Report 7th Edition

And the Beat Goes On at the Denver Public Library

Gwinnett Libraries Shelve Dewey Decimal System In Favor of Bookstore Model

No comments: