Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mythopoeic Award Challenge

This challenge is being hosted at:

http://foxywriter.com/2007/12/27/mythopoeic-award-challenge/

This is the first book challenge I am going to attempt. The objective is to read seven books from that have won Mythopoeic Awards. The Mythopoeic Society is very interesting. Here is their awards list. http://mythsoc.org/awardwinners.html

I will try and read books which I haven't read before from the list.

I have seen many book challenges before on a wide variety of subjects. Everything from Japanese Literature to Graphic Novels. This is the first time I have seen something which I really wanted to participate in. Plus the banner is really beautiful.

The seven books I aim to read during the next year are:

Thomas the Rhymer by Ellen Kushner

Solstice Wood by Patricia McKillip

The Wood Wife by Terri Windling

The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye by A.S. Byatt

Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

Briar Rose by Jane Yolen

I have between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008 to finish reading them.

I put in requests for all seven titles at the library. This means I should have quite a bit to read for a while as well as review.

2 comments:

Cromely said...

They have a lot of Tolkein on their lists.

Book Calendar said...

The Mythopoeic society is very focused around the Inklings, C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, Mervyn Peake and others.